Monday, December 17, 2012

Record for most battle royal victories?

I don't own the WWE Encyclopedia, so maybe the stat is in there, but who has the record for the most battle royal victories?
As my mind wandered during the 'Santa's Little Helper' battle royal before yesterday's TLC ppv, I got to thinking about how sad I was that Ryder wasn't scheduled to be on tonight's ppv. Then I remembered that he had won 2 battle royals earlier this year. Then I remembered he had won an ECW battle royal a few years back to get a chance at Christian's belt. Then I went online to look up if he had won any others I had forgotten. Then I saw that he had won a tag team battle royal back in 2007. Then I made this post to see if anyone knows of any other WWF/E wrestler with 4 or more official battle royal victories.
Not counting house shows or else Andre the Giant would probably be the answer. Someone had to have won more than four back on MSG, right? Who?

November 9, 2007 - Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder won a battle royal to receive a WWE Tag Team Championship match.

September 15, 2009 - Ryder won a 10-man battle royal to earn contendership to the ECW Championship

July 3, 2012 - Ryder won a 20-man battle royal to become the acting Smackdown GM the following week

September 16, 2012 - Ryder won a 16-man battle royal to become number one contender for the United States Championship


No comments:

Post a Comment